The 76th edition of the HPRA Drug Safety Newsletter (DSN) includes important updates to support safe and appropriate use of the following medicines:
- Valproate-containing medicines. Additional educational materials available for healthcare professionals and patients.
- Miconazole and Warfarin. Reminder of the potential for interaction.
- Levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine devices. Recommendation to prescribe by brand name.
- Implanon NXT. Risk of device migration in vasculature and lung.
- Direct Healthcare Professional Communications published on the HPRA website since the last Drug Safety Newsletter