Users advised to exchange affected pens at their pharmacy or clinic
The Irish Medicines Board (IMB) today advised that, as a precautionary measure, the manufacturer, ALK-Abello, is recalling certain lots of the Jext range of treatments for acute allergic reactions. The recall concerns certain lots of Jext 150mcg (Junior) solution for injection and Jext 300mcg solution for injection which come in pre-filled pens. Seven lots of the pens are impacted by a quality defect which potentially leads to injection failure. The defect is estimated to affect, on average, 0.04% of pens - 1 in every 2,500 - per lot.
Advice to Patients and Carers:
The lot number is displayed on the pen or the outer box and usually preceded by the letters ‘LOT’.
- If you are in possession of a Jext pen from an affected lot below, please return it to a pharmacy, where a replacement, unaffected pen will be provided free-of-charge.
- If you are in possession of a Jext pen with a lot number not listed, then the pen is unaffected and you do not need to take any action.
- Patients are also reminded that, in line with current medical guidelines, it is advised that they continue to carry two pens at all times.
Lot 0000884201 Expiry 31/03/2015
Lot 0000871645 Expiry 28/02/2015
Lot 0000785382 Expiry 31/01/2015
Lot 0000874584 Expiry 28/02/2015
Lot 0000816025 Expiry 31/01/2015
Lot 0000774776 Expiry 31/01/2015
Lot 0000780783 Expiry 31/01/2015
- Orla Molloy / Siobhan Molloy 087 770 5108/ 086 817 5066
- Weber Shandwick PR (01) 679 8600