Closing date for applications: 06/10/2021
Reporting to the Pharmacovigilance Surveillance Assessor, the Scientific Officer post is located within the Human Products Monitoring (HPM) department working in the area of evaluation of pharmacovigilance data and contributing to Blood, Tissue & Cell and Organ (BTO) vigilance related activities, as necessary.
The Scientific Officer will work with others in a project team to manage increased pharmacovigilance activities. This project will include:
- Process and follow up of adverse reaction reports
- Contribute to the safety monitoring of medicines and vaccines, to ensure HPRA obligations and requirements with regard to reporting are met in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Appropriately review, evaluate,follow up, collate and present adverse reaction data
- Provide input and support for responses to technical and other queries
- Support team in managing case backlog activities
The Scientific Officer is responsible for contribution to and development of the quality management system for the Pharmacovigilance (PV) section, liaising with the team as necessary. In this regard, the Scientific Officer works closely with colleagues in the PV team and as needed with colleagues, particularly in the wider HPM department, Compliance, Human Products Authorisation and Registration (HPAR), IT and Customer Service.
For more information please refer to the role profile below. Applications should be submitted via the HPRA Recruitment Portal.
Role Profile Application Form