Closing date for applications: 26/07/2021
HPRA is seeking to recruit a Director of Compliance. The Compliance department is responsible for the delivery of the organisation’s public and animal health protection remit through inspection, licensing, market compliance, and enforcement activities, which are carried out to agreed quality, safety and legal standards.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director will play a full and leading part in managing and further expanding the Authority’s national, European and international influence with respect to the quality, safety and compliance of human and veterinary products. The Director will be a member of the HPRA’s leadership team providing strategic and operational direction to the Compliance Department.
Principal responsibilities for the Director will include:
• Providing vision, leadership, motivation, and empowerment of staff, achieving effective delivery of the department’s remit.
• Leading the HPRA’s representation to the relevant industry sectors and other stakeholders at both national and European level.
• Maximising the use of resources and processes of the department to operate in an integrated and effective manner to achieve the goals, objectives and targets defined in the strategic and service plans.
• Driving performance by ensuring that appropriate objectives, analytics and targets are used and incorporated into the management plans of the individual teams within the department.
• Leading the department’s participation in the identification and implementation of change initiatives required to enhance the organisation’s approach to risk management, inspections, and investigations.
Full details of the role and the criteria required are outlined in the Role Profile.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on any this role, please send an email including a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Supporting Letter outlining how your experience fits the requirements to Deirdre O’Shaughnessy, Partner, Odgers Berndtson at email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 26th July 2021