Closing date for applications: 25/08/2021
Reporting to the Health Products Distribution Inspections Manager, the Health Products Distribution (HPD) Inspector will be primarily responsible for assessing the compliance of a wide range of national operators involved in certain activities of the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical industries.
The role of the HPD Inspector is to evaluate the compliance of sites inspected, with the requirements of national legislation, European Community Directives, Regulations and Guidance.
These sites may include:
- Distributors of human medicinal products
- Brokers of human medicinal products
- Importers and distributors of active substances for use in the manufacture of human medicines
- Manufacturers & distributors of cosmetic products
- Manufacturers, distributors and other entities utilising controlled drugs and precursor chemicals
- Other inspection activities as may be required.
The role involves conducting inspections, forming conclusions and reporting in respect of the suitability of a site for the activities which it has sought, or is already, authorised / registered for. Where no system of authorisation or registration is in place, inspection involves the assessment of compliance against the relevant European and national legislation and guidance.
For more information please refer to the role profile below. Applications should be submitted via the HPRA Recruitment Portal.
Role Profile Application Form