Closing date for applications: 24/03/2019
The role of the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) is to protect and enhance public and animal health by regulating medicines, medical devices and other health products. The HPRA is the national competent authority with responsibility for the assessment of applications relating to veterinary medicinal products. The Veterinary Sciences department within the HPRA wishes to appoint a Scientific Officer within the Safety & Efficacy assessment team of the Veterinary Sciences Department.
The Scientific Officer reports to the Veterinary Assessment Manager and will contribute to the technical functions of the Safety and Efficacy Assessment team and support risk based assessment activities through data analysis and data management activities.
The Scientific Officer will:
- Assist in the processing and evaluation of reports of suspected adverse reactions associated with the use of veterinary medicinal products.
- Contribute to the compilation of data and report writing, as necessary.
- Assist in maintenance of the computer databases and information systems relating to veterinary medicinal products.
- Liaise with reporters and stakeholders in relation to reporting of suspected adverse reactions.
- Attend meetings of the European pharmacovigilance network, when required.
- Carry out pharmacovigilance inspections, as necessary.
- Work closely and maintain effective working relationships with the other members of the Safety and Efficacy Assessment team and other members of the Veterinary Sciences department to ensure that departmental objectives are met.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Marketing Authorisation Holders to ensure that pharmacovigilance issues are reported, effectively investigated and followed up.
- Work with colleagues from other Member State authorities in relation to matters of common interest.
Role Profile Application Form