The Health Products Regulatory Authority has been notified of a shortage of the following products:
- Caverject Injection Powder 20mcg 1ml – PA0822/115/003
- Diovan 80mg Tablets – PA0896/009/001
- Diovan 160mg Tablets – PA0896/009/002
- Erwinase 10000% v/v Powder for Solution for Injection – PA1020/002/001
- Trimoptin 100mg Tablets – PA0298/014/001
- Trimoptin 200mg Tablets – PA0298/014/002
- Valtan 40mg – PA0126/211/001
- Valtan 80mg – PA0126/211/002
- Valtan 160mg – PA0126/211/003
Update on Supply of Adrenaline Auto-injectors
The HPRA is aware of the global intermittent supply of adrenaline auto-injectors (AAIs) that impacts the Irish market. We have been working closely with all suppliers of AAIs to reduce the impact of supply disruptions on patients and healthcare professionals. While there are limited supplies of some specific AAIs, alternative AAIs are available. The HPRA advises that patients and their carers familiarise themselves with the AAI that has been supplied as it may not have been one you have received previously. If you have any questions relating to administration of the auto-injector, please speak to your pharmacist or doctor.
The HPRA will be maintaining regular contact with all AAI suppliers and other relevant stakeholders. The medicine shortages list will be updated frequently as new information arrives and will provide information in relation to shortages of any individual medicines.
Please see the shortages section of the HPRA website for further information.
The HPRA will be sending weekly updates concerning medicinal product shortages. However, the above webpage will be updated in real time.