Event Date: 30/09/2019 - 02/10/2019
The TOPRA Annual Symposium 2019 takes place in Dublin from 30 September to 2 October in co-operation with the HPRA. The theme for this year's event is:
Europe at the forefront of global healthcare regulation: Driving innovation through convergent approaches in medicines, devices and veterinary regulatory affairs
The programme (updated June 2019) will cover topics such as the impact of technology on the regulatory profession, the new veterinary medicines legislation and the implementation of the medical device and in-vitro diagnostic Regulations.
The event website now includes additional information on the programme for each of the:
- Human Medicines Symposium
- Veterinary Medicines Symposium
- Medical Devices/IVDs Symposium
- Regulatory Update for SMEs
The Regulatory Update for SMEs is to explore regulatory news, to receive an update on recent changes and also to understand the support available and provided to small and medium sized companies. There will be opportunities to hear about the new device regulations and implications for clinical evidence and surveillance, Health technology assessment, clinical trial regulation, GMO’s, a visit to NIBRT and lastly to hear directly from regulators on the supports they can offer.
- Access the latest information and insights from the most comprehensive EU regulatory affairs programme;
- This is the only regulatory affairs conference in Europe where you can meet regulators from around the world;
- Network with innovators and opinion leaders in the healthcare regulatory affairs arena;
- Share your peers' experiences and discuss solutions to current regulatory issues;
- Navigate the practical implications of disruptive technologies and a changing regulatory landscape.
Further Event Information
Further information on the programme, registration and the event venue is available from the TOPRA website.
About the Symposium
The TOPRA Annual Symposium is recognised as a first-choice key event in the European regulatory affairs calendar for anyone working in, or alongside, regulatory professionals. Over the course of three days it brings together the latest developments in the human, veterinary, medical device and diagnostic regulatory sectors, giving participants access to insights directly from regulators, key opinion leaders and innovators.
The 2018 Symposium in Stockholm, Sweden, attracted almost 600 attendees, with representation from a total of 22 regulatory agencies (including EMA and the European Commission) along with industry colleagues in the human medicines, veterinary medicines and medical device sectors, plus support services. Delegates were also present from notified bodies, patient groups, charities, healthcare professions, legal firms, universities, and the media.