Closing date for applications: 08/11/2020
Responsibilities of the Assessment & Surveillance section in the Medical Devices department include:
- Management of all medical device vigilance issues, minimising risk to public health and ensuring compliance to relevant legislation.
- Coordination and implementation of the HPRA’s market surveillance activities for medical device and in-vitro diagnostic device technologies.
- Designation and ongoing oversight of the performance of notified bodies for medical devices and in-vitro diagnostic devices.
- Assessment of technical and regulatory aspects of medical device and in-vitro diagnostic device technologies.
- Communication and engagement with stakeholders on medical device and in-vitro diagnostic device issues.
- Management of Safety/Information notices, Competent Authority reports/notifications and other case specific communications.
- Development of technical guidance and capabilities at national and EU level.
- Engagement with the European network on medical device and in-vitro diagnostic device issues, regulatory development and joint working initiatives.
- Contributing to work associated with implementation of relevant legislation, guidance, standards and relevant change and development initiatives.
For more information please refer to the role profile below. Applications should be submitted via the HPRA Recruitment Portal.
Role Profile Application Form