Our vision, mission and values
The Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) is the independent regulator of health
products in Ireland. Our role is to protect and enhance public and animal health. We do this by
assessing the safety, quality and effectiveness of healthcare products on behalf of the public to
ensure the benefits they provide outweigh any potential risks. Our core regulatory functions and
our aims and objectives as expressed in our mission, vision and values.
Our vision is to be a leader in effective and innovative regulation, both nationally and internationally, and recognised as a centre of excellence for both the quality and scientific rigour we bring to the work we do and the efficient manner in which it is completed.
Our mission is to protect and enhance public and animal health through the regulation of medicines, medical devices and health products.
Our values are:
- Acting always in the best interests of patients and consumers
- Operating to the highest standards of scientific decision-making and quality.
- Behaving with integrity, impartiality and transparency.
- Promoting research, innovation, continual learning and openness to change.
- Treating stakeholders and each other with dignity and respect at all times.
Read our full strategy for 2016-2020