The HPRA website and cookies
The HPRA only collects information online which you choose to give by e-mailing us using the addresses given on the website, using our online forms to provide information on adverse reactions, quality defects or other product issues, and registering via the ‘My HPRA’ service or for HPRA events. Should you choose to unsubscribe from any updates, we will provide instructions, on the appropriate webpage or in communications to you, or you may contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any personal information which you provide is made available to other regulatory bodies in Europe and third countries when required to fulfil our regulatory functions. Personal information may also be shared with a third party when you are making an online payment to the HPRA. Payment information will not be kept longer than necessary and any individual who has access to personal information needed to perform these functions may not use it for any other purpose.
Collection and use of technical information
Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes, such as web analytics. The technical information will be used only by the HPRA to assist in providing an efficient and user-friendly website. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of your web server
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used
- clickstream data which shows your navigation around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser, operating system and device you used
The HPRA will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of the HPRA never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party, unless obliged to disclose such information by law.
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the webpage, or a unique identification number so that the website can 'remember' you on your return visit. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website.
- When you first visit this website, you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the 'Continue' button, a cookie will be set which records your preference.
- Temporary "session" cookies which enable a visitor's web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited.
- ASP.NET session cookies as the website is a .NET web application. You can see more about ASP.NET session cookies on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178194.aspx.
- Cookies associated with Sitefinity, the website's content management system.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. To find out how to do this, see the 'Help' menu on your browser. You can set your computer not to accept cookies without any significant loss of functionality on this website.
For more information on cookies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The HPRA have implemented accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable data and information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. In particular, we ensure that all appropriate confidentiality obligations and technical and organisational security measures are in place to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data and the accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such information and data.
Links to third parties
Our site contains links to the websites of third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Please find our privacy and data protection notice here.
Health Products Regulatory Authority,
Kevin O'Malley House,
Tel: +353 (1) 676 4971